PTI competitive postings require a PAM and Ad that must be reviewed by the College (Shirley Rey and Dr. Domski). Both must be uploaded to the posting. Once the posting is submitted, OAP has five (5) working days to review/approve/post the position. The posting must be up for a minimum of 15 days before you can officially interview the candidates, including the person you want to hire.
- Posting – you must post the position competitively even if you want to hire a specific person for the position.
- PAM - complete a position analysis memo (PAM) for the PTI posting. Follow the instructions in yellow highlights and/or in red. It’s a generic format designed for you to tailor it to your needs so make changes/additions as needed. Email the PAM to Shirley Rey for review/approval by her and Dr. Domski. The PAM will be returned to you for your use once it is approved.
- Ad – Use this UNMJobs Ad template as a guide in completing the mandatory language in your ad. The ad is for multiple semesters so you can have an active posting for several semesters (helpful if you have an emergency and need to hire someone quickly). Jobing.com is free and targets underrepresented groups, so click on that advertising box and the Ad will go to that group. Email the Ad to Shirley for review/approval by her and Dr. Domski. The Ad will be returned to you for your use once it is approved.
A composite matrix is no longer required in the UNMJobs posting. However, you will need to complete a composite matrix for departmental use that includes applicants and reason codes once you review the applicants. Send the matrix to Shirley Rey for review. She will return the composite matrix to you for your records. No need to attach this to the hiring portion of the requisition, but keep it for your internal recruitment file.
PTI Emergency Hire Guide 2017
- Justification Memo Template
- PTI LOU SAMPLE
- PTI LOU Information (updated April 2017)
- PTI Salary Calculator
PTI Competitive Continuous recruitment process
- UNMJobs information sheet (Use to verify information for UNMJobs. Cut and paste into the appropriate locations within the posting requisition.)
- Template for PTI Competitive Posting_10.18.2017
- Template for PTI Competitive CONTINUOUS Posting_10.18.2017
When posting requisitions, attach the following:
- PAM - Use this generic PAM template to generate your own. Tailor it to your needs so make changes/additions as needed.
- Email the PAM to Shirley Rey for review/approval by the Dean.
- Composite matrix – Please use the attached matrix template to generate your own. Add or delete columns to fit your minimum and preferred qualifications. The column called “area of interest” is used if you have different teaching specialties that you are trying to fill for your department. If you don’t need that column, delete it.
- Email the draft to Shirley Rey for review/approval by the Dean.
- Ad - You can use the position summary as your Ad, just copy and paste the verbiage to a new Word document.
- Jobing.com targets the underrepresented groups and is free, so click on that advertising box and the Ad will go to that group
When terminating a Term Teacher:
- Although term teachers do have an end date on their contracts and we also remove them from salary planner, this doesn’t end their assignment in the system. Salary planner is only a budget tool; it does not terminate the term teachers in the system. The only way to officially terminate a term teacher is for the department to submit a separation ePAF for them. You will need to process an ePAF to terminate your term teachers who will not teaching this AY 19-20 school year.
- On the ePAF, use “faculty end of assignment” as the approval category and use 5/31/YY as the termination end date unless your term teacher worked over the summer. If they did work over the summer, enter the end date on which their summer assignment ended.
Looking for PTI Index?
PTI indices are specific to each course, and will be provided on each approved spreadsheet (sent by Brisha Cruz-Garcia). Be sure to have all revisions to this spreadsheet approved before charging the index. Upon approval, these spreadsheets are emailed to the Chair of the department by Diane Marshall. The DA will be copied.