Skip to content Skip to navigation

General Info

Mandatory Compliance with COVID-19 Mandates

In support of UNM's Administrative Mandate on Required COVID-19 Vaccination, new and rehired faculty and postdoctoral fellows will be required to demonstrate compliance with the Administrative Mandate before their employment start date effective October 12, 2021. Temporary part-time faculty rehired for Fall 2021 Semester 2nd 8-week session (starts 10/18/2021), Fall 2021 intersession, and future semesters are also required to comply.

To comply, new and rehired faculty must provide, before their employment start date, either (1) documentation of full vaccination using a vaccine authorized by FDA License or under an FDA Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) or (2) approved exemptions.

The Office for Academic Personnel staff will update the employment offer letter templates to include conditional language requiring compliance with the Administrative Mandate, and these revised templates will be available at

Hiring actions must be submitted in UNMJobs with sufficient time, prior to the employment start date, for the prospective employee to demonstrate compliance with this requirement. Any new faculty member who does not comply with the Administrative Mandate, prior to their employment start date, will not be approved to begin their appointment, and their start date will be delayed. If you have questions, please contact the Office for Academic Personnel at



Promotion and Tenure Information

Signature Requirements: The Chair or Director must sign all documents that have a Chair/Director signature line prior to those documents being sent to the College for review/approval. Forms without signatures will be returned.

All OFAS Forms

Faculty Compensation and Leave Forms (download all except the Sabbatical Leave Form directly from OFAS website)

Faculty Contract Summary Tool (This is the video aid for Faculty so they can see how to view the details of their new contract)

Offer letter templates (updated April, 2017, to incorporate language needed for electronic signature and acceptance of the employment contract)

  1. Per OFAS, please attach the Letter of Offer (LOO) as a Word document so that it can be read by the system. Do NOT attach a PDF copy of the draft LOO because it will delay the review process.

  2. Do NOT send your candidate an official LOO. The system will automatically generate an electronic LOO. If your Chair wants to give the candidate something to confirm that they have an offer, please use the “tentative offer confirmation” letter on the OFAS website.

New Faculty House Hunting

  • For new faculty moving to NM, the exception to allow one house hunting trip as part of their moving expense allowance has been approved by Nicole Dopson effective June 25, 2018.  If your moving expense reimbursements include a house hunting trip, please include this memo with your Chrome River submission.

Research Faculty

  • Extending contract: For returning research faculty, process an “extend non-continuing faculty appointment request” (ENCFAR) form to extend them for the following Academic Year.  If the assignment details (e.g., the FTE or salary) haven’t changed, just attach the original letter of offer to the ENCFAR. In the justification box, type “extending research faculty contract for AYxx-xx. See attached original letter of offer.”

  • If not returningbe sure to end the research assignment by processing a faculty “end of assignment” ePAF.

H1 Visas, LCA document posting instructions

  • Post one copy of the LCA (Labor Condition Application) for ten business days in a place in the department conspicuous to workers in the faculty member's occupational classification, preferably where other DOL required notices are posted.

  • Post the second copy of the LCA for ten business days in a place in the College office conspicuous to workers in the faculty member's occupational classification, preferably where other DOL required notices are posted. (In A&S, we use the large bulletin board opposite the stairwell entrance near Ortega 201.)

  • At the end of the posting period, note the posting dates and locations on each LCA, sign and date the Notice of Posting and return all the documents to Laurel Smith, Office of University Counsel.